Many thanks for your interest in our law firm. Data protection is particularly important to us. The use of our website www.simongraeser.law is fundamentally possible without disclosing any personal data. If, however, you decide now or at a later point in time to use or wish to use special services of our law firm via our website, this might require the processing of personal data.
Any processing of personal data, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number, will always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and in compliance with the applicable state-specific data protection provisions for the law firm. This data protection declaration is intended to inform the public about the nature, scope and purpose of the personal data that we collect, use and process. You will also be informed of the rights you are entitled to through this data protection declaration.
Our law firm has implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data processed through this website is protected as completely as possible. However, internet-based data transmissions can have security gaps in principle, meaning that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. This is why you are free to transmit personal data to us by alternative means, for example by telephone.
Name and contact details of the person responsible for the processing:
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Karin Simon, Susane Graeser
Phone +49 (0)89 90 42 27 51-0
Fax +49 (0)89 90 42 27 51-9
Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of its use:
When visiting the website:
By accessing the website www.simongraeser.law information from the browser used on your end device is automatically sent to the server of the website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is gathered without your involvement and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the accessing computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file accessed,
- Website from which access was made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection set-up of the website,
- Ensuring comfortable usage of our website,
- Analysis of the system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in collecting the data for the purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as an individual.
We will not pass on your personal data to third parties for any other purposes than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims and there are no grounds for assuming that you have an overriding interest that merits protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- there is a legal commitment for the disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR, as well as
- if this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data that we process. More specifically, you have the right to request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data insofar as it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR to request the deletion of your personal data held by us, insofar as the processing is not necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted to the extent that the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, customary and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR to withdraw your consent at any time. This has the effect of prohibiting us from continuing the data processing that was previously based on this consent in the future; and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can usually contact the supervisory authority responsible for your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office for this purpose.
When you visit our website, we use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. This is generally a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will instead use 128-bit v3 technology. It is possible to tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in an encrypted format by the appearance of the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also make use of appropriate technical and organisational security measures so that your data is protected against accidental or intentional tampering, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved to reflect technological developments.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and was updated in May 2022. It corresponds to the recommendation of the German Bar Association (DAV).
It may become necessary to modify this data protection declaration due to the further development of our website and services on it or due to changes in legal or official requirements. The currently valid data protection declaration can be accessed and printed out at any time on the website at https://www.simongraeser.law/en/data-protection.